Friday 27 March 2009

Physio Exercises

While i'm still doing my physio exercises, i haven't been doing them 3 times a day like 6 months ago! Mainly due to pain putting me off so i've become less active, which feels like a vicious circle as the less i do do them the more stiff and siezed i become which puts me off more. So have i created my worse nightmare and helped the disease of arthritis progress further, or is the arthritis causing me more pain and reduced my activity levels??
Also holidays are a big pain in the bum as i want to go, camping with the family as we all need to escape everyday life for a few days. And i want to go walking but do i go now and munch on every painkiller i own and grin and bare it? as it hurts anyway sitting down feeling sorry for myself, or wait until after surgery, but this could be 18 months later, and a whole lot of life has passed me by in that space of time.
On the plus side i've never studied so much before as i've enrolled on a few online courses to keep me occupied and i'm enjoying them so much, they do keep your mind off the pain. I have also just passed my Reiki course level 1,2,3, so i'm quailifed to Reiki Master/Teacher!! And whether it's all in the mind or not, i'm finding that it is helping with the main pain at night. As i can't take painkillers pass 8pm as they keep me up all night then, so i have to not take them to ensure i can sleep for a good few hours but the uncomfortable nagging feeling is always there, which in itself can hinder sleep so it's a catch twentytwo situation. So since trying Reiki in the evening the pain levels have either reduced or i am managing it better so sleep has improved somewhat so i'm not knocking it. It's early days yet with the whole Reiki thing but i'll keep you posted on results or non results as they happen.

3 comments:

oscarsmum said...

Congratulations on the Reiki!
Good for you for making use of the down time.

Well done- keep going like that you'll have a degree soon!
Kate x

Debbie said...

Thanks Kate, i have to do something useful or go mad with cabin fever!! xx

Suzi Smith said...

Congrats on the reiki debbie... it certainly should help. keep giving yourself daily treatments- even if just short ones. good luck.