Friday 23 October 2009

PRE OP DAY

It's finally here after stressing about it all week, and looking forwards to it for a few weeks. Funny how you can have so many different emotions at once! LOL
Well it was a disaster at first as i didn't want to get out of bed, it was all warm and snuggly and i said 'oh get it while you can' meaning we can't snuggle as much once i have my hip done, so it made us cling to each other tighter, made us get up late but so worth it!!!!
Got there by the skin of my teeth and i did ring to warn them, just in case i was late due to motorway traffic (very bad near Birmingham) and i actually got there more or less on time, but it didn't matter as i had an hours wait anyway. They were super duper busy, bless em.
I had my height and weight noted, then i was moved off for my blood pressure to be checked along with my blood pressure, i had to give a urine sample and an mrsa swap from groin and nose. All went ahead with no problems, well except for no readings on the ecg machine (could i be dead then? and not know?) Nah! old machine that eventually worked. I had a chat with the nurses who put my mind at rest really, so i found out that i have NO restrictions which is nice, and i don't need any extra equipment at home either, They were very happy that i live in a bungalow so no steps for me, bar one to get inside. Had some blood taken and the verdict was, i'm very fit and healthy and ready for surgery with good veins, Never expect to be told i'm nice and healthy so i'm chuffed with that. After being there with them for half an hour i was done with, so no visit with O'Hara or the Physiotherapy team but never mind. Now all i need to do is scrub my house from top too bottom and take kids to a theme park and have a brilliant Samhain (Halloween) party. Thinking of my 2 friends that are having the same ish surgery as me, either side of my date. Go Janet first then me then finally our Dr Sam!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thinking about you Debbie - not long - in fact this time in just over two weeks you'll be on the road to recovery ! yaaay ! Take care in the build up and don't overdo it.. Dee x

German Shepard aka Kris said...

Wow - it's nearly here for you. Just keep yourself focused on living a pain free life. I gotta say it's just amazing.