Thursday 19 November 2009

One week post op Day by day account

There's so much to say and i tire easily still so i'll just do each day until i catch up on myself.

Where do i even start!!! The day of the op i had to get there by 7am, so it was an early start for us. We were admitted to a ward for admissions only, ward 7. And we waited and waited and waited and finally around 1.15pm they came round to dress me in there gown and take my bag away from me. But it still took until around 2 pm until i was actually down to theatre, by this point i still hadn't been marked or signed a consent form. So it was done just before i was put to sleep. I was due an epidural too but thankfully that was put into place after i was put to sleep. I woke up and saw that i was on HDU (high dependancy unit) around 5.00pm and i felt fine, actually better than fine, i was totally numb, so couldn't sit up or anything, but i felt no pain at all, (something i hadn't felt for 4 years!) Rich came to visit me, and i think all the tubes upset him a little to be honest, as i had two in each wrist, one in my hand and one oxygen tube up my nose, and tubes to my back for the epidural. I even managed to eat some sandwiches that night and drink coffee. For now this was a lovely recovery, and i was pleased i'd done it.

I will add the following days account asap xx

2 comments:

German Shepard aka Kris said...

Debbie - congrats! You survived your first week. Can't wait to hear how things have gone for that week.

Louisa B said...

Well done Debbie, now the healing begins!! Take it easy!