Wednesday 2 December 2009

Achilles Tendonitis

Just been diagnosed with this in my right leg. I noticed late last night that i could no longer put any weight on the calf muscle and the ankle was so sore, i couldn't pull my toes upwards without shooting pains up to my knee. I of course was having panic attacks that it could of been a DVT, and stressed all night, how i slept god knows!? The pain is unreal, especially when putting the heel on the floor. The whole thing is more ridiculous because i need this leg to carry me while on crutches, and it's treatment is more rest and immobilization. Oh well least it's not a DVT, and it could be worse.
Ironically i've just got rid of tendonitis in both feet, which i had right up until surgery. They bloody hurt as well. I'm not sure why i get tendonitis all the time, but somehow it must like me?

Daytime tv here i come with more rest on the cards, could take 8-12 weeks to fully get rid of it. x

3 comments:

Louisa B said...

I get planta fascitis?? Spell?? But I put it down to pressure of rubbish hips! Sure be the same with you, all these muscular adaptations/compensations..

Debbie said...

You've probably got a point sweetie, the things we have to put up with, it's not fair! Damn these silly hips. x

German Shepard aka Kris said...

Just thought I'd check in to see how you are doing. Hope all is well and that the Achilles is recovering for you.