Monday 15 February 2010

INR went down

So my dose of Warfrin went up too 5mg as the INR went down from 2 to 1.7. It's expected too though go up and down often so i'm not worried. I've adjusted to live with 2 crutches as although i was keen to go down to one, i'm not stressing over it anymore. He the consultant stressed that i could not put more than half weight through the leg, less is better so i'm doing that with the 2 crutches, as if i try to do half weight with 1 crutch i end up leaning too much on the opposite side and will soon have major problems with that hip again and the lower back!! So not worth it. So it's another 3 months for me, i just wish i could do more for myself to promote healing but the warfrin interfers with everything. Going to have a physio review tomorrow so hopefully i will be given some land exercises to do, and maybe he can help me with my clunking issue, as that really hurts.

The staple really is a staple, the consultant confirmed it. I'm leaving it in there until i have my screws and plates removed, as it doesn't hurt and isn't causing a problem. And i couldn't go under the knife yet anyway as yet again the warfrin would not be agreeing with that and i would bleed too much. Wonder if they will let me keep it as a souvenir?? Does anyone ever ask for ther screws too keep, or is that too gross.

No comments: