Monday 24 May 2010

Physio has started and so have i, down the long road of Recovery,

Hey Guys!! This weather has been gorgeous, so been outside plenty to get my years quota before it goes! lol Had my first official Physio appointment today (about time too!) and i think she hates me? We did not click at all, and every time i said something she would try and twist my words into meaning something else or contradictory, so not sure how we will get on. Been given 3 basic exercises to go home with to practise everyday 3 times a day and i see her again in 2 weeks. Not the intensive physio O'hara had planned for me at visiting 3 times a week!! The exercises i have are bum clenches as she told me i have no glutes especially on the left side (i was expecting that), i have to do 10 controlled reps per hour. Lying on my right side and with a straight left leg raise it up hip height, hold for a few counts they very slowly and controlled let it go down, doing 5 reps 3 times a day. And finally lying on my back bringing my left knee to my chest, hold for a few counts and very slowly and controlled take your leg back to starting position, doing 5 reps 3 times a day.
So far i've done them all, and i'm super sore already and i'm clutching the hot water bottle already, for my knee that feels like it's going to blow out (left) and for my groin and hip pain too. The right hip is not happy that i've started exercising again, so i'm getting the old familiar pains back again, i can only hope that when my muscles are stronger, the pains will ease) I'll keep you all up to date as physio and proper recovery has now finally started, and i want to share my journey with you all xx

Happy healing guys xx

2 comments:

Louisa B said...

done it for you Debbie - have a look Hip Blogs FAI PAO THR

Ivy said...

Wishing you well as you continue to recover. Sending positive energy out into the universe for you.

- Ivy from Hip Chicks