Thursday 13 May 2010

Wow I was not prepared for this..........

Hey guys, so much has happened yet not happened as well, I've been practising these sitting down exercises for 10 mins everyday and i can honestly say i was not prepared for the muscle pain, the tiredness and frustration that goes with it. The urge to just crack on is so great, but the body is useless and like a prison for the mind. In my head i want to workout for hours but the body lets me down over and over again. But i do understand why i can't do more, but it doesn't always help lol.
The next biggest challenge is to come off Tramadol, as it's poison. The shakes and shivers i get just after missing one dose, so you feel like you've got the Flu is ridiculous, then i get all feverish and sweaty yet extremely cold, and super emotional. I'm a fricking junkie because of the Doctor's. The cold turkey is vile and i'm thinking perhaps dropping from 8 per day to 4 per day to nothing was probably too quick, so i will do the whole process much slower now. Mind you, what i think is a cold turkey symptom from Tramadol could very well be just a normal effect off my Warfarin, so who know's?? As the Warfarin makes me tired, and emotional. Coupled with joint pain, sickness and cold feeling, so i can't call it really.
Should of been to Physio by now, but the letter has only just left the Doctors surgery, so who knows. but saying that maybe the later the better as the Hospital is still shut in parts because of the Novovirus (this has been this way since Dec 09) so not really in any hurry to be staying in there for session any time soon. Hopefully as they do physio in my local Doctor's surgery they will let me do it there, as that is down the road and easy to go 3 times a week. No worries i have been keeping my physio up and doing the wii fit exercises and yoga as well, even started to go on the Elliptical Trainer each week too.
If anyone has any ideas about how to drop my Tramadol down to Codeine without the vile headaches and sickness and flu and crying then please let me know, i am desperate.
Need to think about losing my weight, hence another reason to want to workout as much as possible, as the pounds have piled on during the recovery process, and immobility. Another mental block that comes up, as i have to curb my frustrations of my body's failings. And i'm sure i'm still not mentally over the trauma of having the surgery, (which sounds daft as i wanted to have it) But somehow the whole surgery and recovery process has been a long mental battle, and has had me cry many a tear over it, maybe i'm just not over it just yet, but i will be soon i'm sure.
Happy Healing Hippy sufferers x0x00x0x0x0x

2 comments:

Sam said...

Debbie, do you find you are still needing the tramadol? If so, why don't you ask your GP for the long acting stuff? I took it, its just twice a day (either 50mg or 100mg), 12 hours. Quite a bit of nausea at the 100mg dose, but once on 50's it was great, I slept lovely and didn't feel sick at all. Then you just drop one dose first (e.g. daytime), then the other (nighttime) and i didn't actually get any withdrawal despite being on them for about 6 months. Sam xx

Louisa B said...

Hi there, I read your blog and have my own.. frankly these blogs got me thru the last year and I have set up a facebook page dedicated to putting up great hip blogs and would ask if you would share yours on this site by linking your to the site, it will create more traffic to your site and give one place where a newly diagnosed person can find all good hip blogs. It is on facebook and called 'FAI Hip impingment blogs' and covers PAO and THR as they often over lap.
Your help to others will be much appreciated..
Many thanks Louisa
myfaihippain.blogspot.com if you're wondering who I am!