Tuesday 3 August 2010

Pre-op date and rightie playing up

No way i've got a date already for my Pre-op. It's for the 11th Aug, after being told the surgery wouldn't be for 3-4 months at best. Now i have a date, i really can't see my surgery being much longer than 4 weeks later, which will be days after i get home from my Holiday. I guess the sooner i have it done the better, then i can truly put this surgery behind me and aim to recover fully.

This all sounds good and it is, but whats plaguing me is my Rightie. It's really playing up, and i had no joy telling the Registrar on my Birthday (he wasn't interested in the slightest!). Now my exercising has been kicked up a notch, it's burning again. It's like a red hot pain thats irritable and nags constantly. So much so my painkillers are now solely for this hip, sure my Leftie has pain and tiredness but this i feel is manageable, and i could cope without so many tablets. Whereas the Rightie is freaking out and i couldn't cope without tablets. My physio exercises seem to aggravate it a lot, so does simple walking. I'm beginning to think the pain free months i had, weren't because it had gone, but more because i wasn't active enough to aggravate it?? It's exactly the pain i had for years, and i've had surgery years ago to remove the Bursa, The IT Band stretched, i've tried 3 solid years of physio on it, acupuncture ultrasound and nothing seems to of worked. I was hoping on my last ditch effort to cure the pain, that surgery on the Leftie would cure it, due to easing the pressure and strain on the Right. Think i'm going to have to email O'Hara as i know my x-rays show no Bone/Joint problems, so i need some advice on what i can do next. (in a weird way i wish it was a Bone problem, then i would be able to 'see' it and move forward easier, as O'Hara is a whizz with Bones)

Anyways i'm not as negative as the post probably sounds honestly. Just a little niggled that this pain is back, without that life is great and my movement and walking is so much better, even my confidence has grown. Been out clubbing without a stick no less last Saturday, and i managed all night, and barely sat down. I was super proud of myself and it gives me greater confidence for my upcoming Holiday in 4 weeks time Yay!!!

Bikini body is not going to plan, so Rich bought me a new game called EA Active Personal Trainer, which kicks my ass everytime and i've never sweated so much, so i'm hoping in my final month i can lose more weight, as i've stalled the last few weeks, and even gain 3-4lbs a week before i'm on and it takes me 2 weeks to lose it again, so it's up and down so many times it's depressing. But looking on the bright side, i'm fitter and stronger than i was and i'm thankful for that! xx

No comments: