Sunday 31 October 2010

Now it's 3 weeks post op

Somehow i got ahead of myself, and though last week it was three weeks post op. Well now i know the truth it all makes sense as too why i still felt so weak and behind others.
So what a difference a week makes, I've gone from using One Crutch around the house, and truly thinking it would be like that for a few weeks more at least, then a walking stick. To totally using nothing around the house or indeed short quick trips outside too. And exercising as and when i can, i can't do as much as before surgery yet, but the wii has been dusted off again, and it's nice to be moving around once more.

The pain is severe in the tail bone, especially in the morning and when i'm stationary for too long, makes me think it's an arthritis thing as it can be warmed up and allow me to move more freely. But the groin pain i now get on the op side is only when i exercise, so i hope i just need strength to help overcome that one.

Still getting dvt pains, but from the old one. As the vein is still blocked up and it's hard for the blood to actually flow, the pain is in the thigh and the calf. It's like a dull ache that throbs, so have to rest up my leg quiet often and of course still wear my lovely compression stockings.

I need to actually ring up the Physio Lady and make an appointment, as i'm not totally sure on what to do best to build my quads and glutes up. I'm currently doing some old exercises she gave me, such as clams, leg raises, pelvic floors, stationary biking and the free steps on the wii. I want to do more, but i know how easy it is to do more and instantly regret it lol.

I have cut down on the medication from Dihydrocodeine to Co-codamol but with physio and me returning to normal duties on the Horizon, i may need them back again. but for now with the gentle slow approach i'm ok . I really hope it stays as i haven't been on this low amount for the last 5 years!! So it's looking positive for me for now. The pain i hate the most, is definitely the Right Hand side. The tail bone and groin pain i see as surgery pains that haven't settled down as of yet, but the Right side feels like damage and it's haunting me!

Hope to be more positive as time goes on, as it's my New Years resolution ( Pagan's have their New Year at Samhain/Hallowe'en) as positivity may help me recover better, worth a shot.

Happy Hippy Healing to you all xx )0( xx

No comments: