Thursday 21 October 2010

Week Three Post Op!!

Well i think i've slept my way here, had a few issues with my scar and the steri strips. We thought i had pulled and ripped open part of my pelvic scar so had to go to the Doctors to make sure the wound wasn't infected and if open could it be closed again, neatly and heal nice and neat like the top area.
Turns out to be ok, there is no infection and the skin was overlapping where there was dried blood and it had dried all lumpy and bumpy and made it look open and torn. Thank god this wasn't the case and i can rest easy now. The wound itself has been so sore and achy with the dressings coming off and being poked, and even sitting upright has been hurting it. So this last week i've been taking it easy, lying down where possible and taking the strain off the wound site. This has made a huge difference this week, it's been painfree mainly and the wound looks better in itself.
I've tried to walk without one crutch in the house for the last week and a half with loads of success, i'm happy with the one, tried to do two steps without anything but sadly the left hand side does not want to hold me up without a HUGE limp, almost jump back onto the right side. So i think i will focus on getting stronger with the one crutch for now. Not done much physio this last week but thats about to change now that i feel much better. I went on the wii board today and did 10 mins free steps, it felt alright and ok except the right (yawn! this one again!) hip, and left knee. God knows what the knee was playing at, the hip i expected but not the knee! But as soon as i stopped the pain was relieved in the knee, but not the hip, so i know the hip pain is the same old same old. Damn these hips!
Had my back to work interview over the phone as i said i'm not really in a position to go into the job centre as of yet, but made a new appointment in a few weeks time, as she has let me do it over the phone for the last year. So i owe her some back for being so supportive and understanding. She is going to help me reconsider what work i could possibly go back into, as Beauty therapy was heavy on my hips, from constantly sitting in one position for hours, or holding a standing position for ages too. I would seize up and the arthritis would kill me off. So i need a job that will allow me to sit and stand or walk around as needed, with flexibility for hospital appointments and physio. But how your ever meant to find just any job in this current climate is anyone's guess, let alone one with loads of conditions too! I'm going to take it photos of my x-rays as i'd heard her getting loads of grief for letting me did to on the phone, so it will help to have a copy of the photos in my case file for her bosses.

Happy Hippy healing guys and dolls xx

No comments: