Tuesday 18 January 2011

ESA TRIBUNAL

Yay!!! I WON my case, i had the most wonderful Welfare Officer with me, and the guys that were reviewing my case were independent and one has an Orthopaedic background this helped me greatly and i'm ever so grateful. This was a victory i needed as i felt all along that my integrity had been called into question and i needed the validity and someone to finally believe me. No-one in their right mind would have surgery like i've just had if they could walk without pain, it's just not sensible to even suggest this. In fact it's insulting and emotionally exhausting. I had support from family and friends and i was strong inside, but i fear even this toppled me off my game, drained me of hope and focus and i found the whole process stressful and upsetting when i should of been concentrating on recovering from major surgery. Now i have to think of those that can't do this for themselves, or they don't have the support network i had. I had to find out about welfare officers this information wasn't offered, and while at my tribunal i was the only one that had this kind of support there. That alone is disgusting, especially when many that are failed are mentally impaired in some way and can't represent themselves. The Government are now trying to cut this valuable service and if they are successful, this would be a travesty. I wonder how long the rest of the country would turn a blind eye to this system, once there is no help? Could you imagine having dementia and trying to go through this process, it's like a mind field. Or being in a nervous disposition and having to speak out for yourself? This system is a sham and needs to be stopped full stop, and while it's still on going the Welfare Officers need to be saved for everyone that needs them.
Pls write to your MP's, Parliament, Social Security, GP's and Consultants too, make them aware of how it is failing the country's most vulnerable, how it affects you, how it makes you feel. I certainly am, i have to stand up and be counted for all those that can't do it for themselves!!
Did you know people dying from Cancer are going through this and not surviving this process to the end, to see their cases overturned like they should. My case alone took over 1year to be heard. When you should be focusing on trying to get better, they are making your life as difficult as possible. Is this how you want your loved ones treated, should they dare ever get ill or disabled and have to leave work? They spend more than 5 million trying to catch the so called scammers that claim for benefits they don't actually qualify for! How much do the scammers cost the country?i hear you ask, Well it's only 2 million i hear, so is this a reasonable way to spend the taxpayers money? It's costing more trying to catch them, than if they all just got away with it.

The day was emotionally exhausting like i said, and i will take a few days now to process the whole ordeal and get over it, and decide how i can act and campaign for those that need fighting for. I hope some of you feel as strongly as i do, and write a letter to you local MP xx

No comments: