Wednesday 2 March 2011

Still Hurts

I have given these exercises a month now and although the left has gained so much stamina and strength the mobility is still hindering me from the right side only. I have returned to normal daily activities (ie, polishing, hoovering and normal ligh household chores) and walking as much as possible without a stick and as straight as i can (which is hard to do, and takes a lot of mental focus and easily exhausts me. And it keeps pulling me back into the depths of pain and despair, surely after a month this should of decreased somewhat and given me some ray of hope?

I have emailed numerous times with no luck, although i have tried again for the last time last night, as i'm at the end of my tether. I've decided to seek advice from my GP if and as and when i get to see her (as she is very very popular and hard to see!) And possibly get a new referral and even think about seeing someone else. The prospect of not seeing anyone for advice in the future even if that visit was 9 months away, that would give me some glimmer of hope and encouragement, as it is i just feel abandoned and discarded like trash.

Back onto more Tramadol which is not what i wanted, all along i've been tryig to reduce the amount i take, as they are not healthy. But as i increase my activities to a normal level, the pain flares up so hot and so painful that i have no choice. The pain is enough to drive anyone insane and lose interest in general life. So much of life is passing me by and i can't control this.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! I just had artho hip 2 months ago and I feel the same pain you do. I am on vicodin which the dr cut back to 5-325 and unfortunately waiting until the clock strikes to take my next one. The pain is so extreme it feels like the wind has been knocked out of me, that I am going to vomit and near tears. After 1 month my PT had been stopped due to the extreme pain. I don't have to be doing anything for the pain to start, just laying around. X-rays show everything is just fine. I don't get it!!! I thought I would be moving around performing cartwheels by now!! I just turned 48 maybe that has something to do with it. Have you received any response yet?? Good luck and I wish you well.

Hekate01 said...

I've got another MRA and i'm going under this time so they can examine the hip properly without me moaning about pain etc... I know exactly how you feel i so thought i would be back snowboarding, and hiking. Yet i can barely get to the local shop and back with a walking stick, after 18months from the first surgery. I really hope you find some relief soon, and make sure you don't take no for an answer, you have to keep pushing for the service and too be treated well. It's a long journey and hard and frustrating too. You can find us at
http://www.injuryupdate.com.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?12-Groin-and-hip-injuries for support and advice from fellow hippies xx