Wednesday 20 July 2011

The Mini Op and coming home

It went fantastically well, got to the Hospital by 7.30am Monday the 18th July My Mum's Birthday and my friends Kim's birthday. And by 12.30pm I had been down, given the injection of Marcaine into the joint, had my Arthogram, X-rays and Kenalog Steriod inside the joint and brought back to the ward. It was quick painless and I was treated fantastically by the staff. They were friendly and thorough and all you could ask for.

I had to stay for observations for at least 2 hours so it was around 3pm before we got to the car and ready to come home. Bit nervous as I normally have a day or two in Hospital to rest away from the Children and household chores, so not sure how this will pan out.

Got home and the journey was easy enough thankfully, and I had the first set of pain killers and I fell asleep straight away. In fact I slept all night, right the way through to 7.30am the next day!!

I was woke up with pain, a nagging toothache like pain in the pelvis. And on rising from bed I noticed how strangely stiff and cracking the Left hip was. The Right hip is sore too but thankfully the Marcaine is still in affect and will be for a few days. Once it wares off though I've been warned it can feel bad, and too be prepared by taking full doses of Painkillers every 4 hours rather than waiting for the pain to arrive and the deal with it. Got a bit more emotional and weak today, as I think the children think I'm better than I actually am and just bickering, arguing and generally being too loud and too much for me too cope with. I ended up crying my eyes out, mainly from sheer exhaustion and feeling pain. I just need to sleep and eat at the mo and not much more.

I slept perfectly again, I could get used to this, If only I didn't still feel worn out and like I've been hit by a train. I can feel the Groin pain more today and when I get up from seats, when the quad muscle contracts. So stocking up on doses and riding the waves as best as I can. I've had to do some chores, like washing and making drinks, breakfast and wrapping up parcels from things I've sold and after each small chore, I've felt like I've completed a marathon, the chest is all tight and I find it hard to breathe. And I'm still shaky when standing for too long. I know I have pushed it way too far today, so pulling back and I'm taking the rest of the day off.

Got to keep a diary about the pain, and whether the Kenalog kicks in, in around 2/3 weeks time and if so how long for etc.... As I have my post op appointment on the 13th Sept 2011 and hopefully we can find out the results and decide on the action plan. Fingers crossed the Kenalog will work and the femur ostestomy will go ahead come Christmas.

No comments: