Monday 2 January 2012

4 Wks Post Op and Rehabbing

I'm now 4 weeks post op and recovering well thankfully. I've had a few slips where I've put my operated leg down harder than I should, which admittedly killed and I nearly passed out in pain! But ultimately think it has made me stronger and it heal faster. The staples came out after 2 weeks and the wound is healing well and cleanly. The scar is around 10inches long and although it's not the the old scar being used (as we were hoping) although I can see why, as that one is wide and rough and tough. But I'm happy with it and even if it is used for the screw removal, if i sick and couldn't do it as planned. Thank goots fine.

Physio is damn hard work, and I'm trying to do some everyday even if I am sore. I have dropped from 8 Tramadol and 8 Paracetamol down to 4 Para's and 4 Tram and 2 Co-Codamol even though I have upped the activity which is brilliant news for me. This is better than pre op!

Christmas was hardwork, I had to wrap the presents and cook the dinner with help though of course as poor Hubby washe Wii for Wiiabilitation last time which was grdness for my perch seat in the kitchen, and My Mum and my eldest Daughter helping in the Kitchen with the Christmas Dinner. Christmas was fantastic and I'd do it again any day, it was the first time ever I've ever done Christmas Dinner for anyone else, My Parents came up and Daughter came home from Uni which pleased all the sisters.

Now I'm feeling mentally and physically stronger it's tempting to try the Wii, as I used ts, I'm going to give this hip the best I'veat, and perhaps try my stationary bike too. Bit scared of the bike but my Hubby will be there to help me get on and off. Like he does with the bath and the bath board (thank heavens I was given that!) Totally recommend the perch and bathboard to anyone having Hip surgeries as they help give you a sense of independence even when you don't really have any! Lol

New Year New Me, Well New zest for pain free living and activities, I'm going to give this hip the best I've got and do every bit of Physio and exercise I'm asked to do, to give myself the best chance ever. And of course lose some lbs as that can't help the pressure on them. All these surgeries have made me go up a couple of stones, which is a nightmare.

Happy New Year and Goddess Bless

No comments: