Thursday 26 January 2012

Quickie Update

Had the Scan at the A+E in Stafford and it showed NO dvt which to be very honest floored me with shock!! I was convinced as I know the pain isn't normal. But I reassured myself that at least I was seeing the Consultant the following Morning.

Cue Tuesday and I was all excited thinking this could be the day I was going to be told I could fully weight bear and get on with fully recovering. Had the X-Ray and all was well, Saw the consultant and mentioned the whole knee problem, and he checked it over, taking me very seriously. He said it could be plate irritation and to keep an eye out over it. Or that it is a separate problem that the hips and femur has overshadowed, and now that it is fixing, the knee is coming out of the shadows.

But he said I could pick up the phone anytime and they would see me that day or evening to stop me needing to seek out the GP or A+E's again. As at least they know what they are doing. Feeling relieved at that news, like a massive weight had been lifted, we settled down to discuss the Surgery and the X-Ray. Predictably the bone hasn't healed, or grown enough for Fully Weight Bearing so another 2 Months on Crutches, as the previous surgery has shown that I'm very slow at bone healing, possibly due to EDS Type 3 Hypermobility. Least I was prepared for this so it came as no surprise to me or my Hubby.

Well Least I feel more confident that I'm not going to just die, and that I have some support whenever I need it from the Hospital.

No comments: