Sunday 18 August 2013

Surgery Day

Well it seems lots and lots has happened since we last spoke here. The plan then was to do a Triple Pelvic Ost at the same time as the Metal Removal, well with this all in mind we decided to do as much family summer holiday stuff as well could. It's military missions with sticks, support and painkillers, but so worth it when you know you are going to be laid up for a fair while.

In this time from April to Aug i've had a ct scan and I thought I was on the waiting list for surgery, but when I went back in to see the Surgeon for the Ct scan results in June this clearly hadn't happened, they had forgot the waiting list, But as it happens on the results from the Scan he decided that Metal Removal would be done first, with a view to having a further look in the joint with no metal hindering the view. And I am to be booked in for an MRI two weeks after the metal removal.

Surgery booked for tomorrow 19th August 2013 and MRI booked in for 4th September 2013 so that is where I am today. Still in pain in the groin, outer hip pain whenever I try to build up strength and stamina and desperate for it to go. Will simply the removal of metal cure this? I dont honestly think so, but it has done for others before, so I will try to think positive.

Feels all a bit weird this time round as my time to book in is later on at 10.30am and I can eat until 7am which is super odd for me, normally I book in at 7.00am and nothing to eat from Midnight the night before. But as I never get done until afternoon anyways perhaps thats their reasoning for asking me to come in later?

Here's to seeing you on the flipside and metal free, hopefully it will be easy and quick like last time xx

No comments: