Thursday 19 June 2014

Lower Limb Gym

Well what has happened since we last did an update. Well we have discovered that the Leg isn't working as it should, I am still manually lifting the leg into bed, to move it, get dressed etc... yet there are many Physio exercises I can do easily. it seems to be the one that requires a bend at the Knee, that suddenly renders my leg useless. So stepping up stairs, pretty hard to do. But got lots of new exercises to try, and we are hoping to build it up.

The plan is to go to a Lower Limb Gym every week, and get assessed to see if the range is improving or not. While doing daily Physio at home, and using a Tens Machine to try and stimulate the muscle or nerve that is being affected. We have located that it is possibly the Hip Flexor Nerve, or the Quad Muscle that is affected. Heat and Cold can't be felt in this area, and once we have a few weeks worth of Data and Info on it, I can then present this to my Surgeon at my next X-Ray appointment in July.

The bonus so far is after 1week of intense Physio I have seen some stamina improvement, and I have been using the Tens Machine, which has resulted in some Intense Sharp Pains afterwards, but they feel like 'Waking Up' pains, so I am happy to have them at the Moment.





No comments: