Thursday 28 July 2016

16th July - 23rd July 2016 post steroid hip injection and birthday #london plans

From day 3 to day 10 and how it all felt. So far my painkillers had been massively increased, due to a sharpness sting in the thigh, But after 3 days off housework, it was time to return to it and see how the hip coped. And boom Summer has arrived in the UK, and this NEVER stays long, so I often rested outside and sunbathed. Hips and Joints LOVE the warmth, so it's good therapy for it. A few days of housework didn't kill me off, so come the 18th July I decided to add basic physio exercises ( doing them outside to kill two birds with one stone! Sunbathe and being productive at once)


Such as you see here, Lots of Hip Flexion, Adduction, Abduction, Extension all standing, then some Lying down such as Abduction, Side Leg Raise, Front Leg Raise and the Vile Front Leg and Twist and Raise. I even have an Aerobic step to do Forward Step Ups and then Side Step Ups (this exercise alone activates the deep groin ache and pain!!) so it's still present sadly? Will this steroid work? what happens if it doesn't??

Next few days pass in much the same way as earlier ones, lots of hot water bottle sessions, me attempting physio and seeing which annoys the hip the most. Is a side step the most annoying thing? Can I do normal activities without activating the pain? I was babysitting Leonardo (my Grandson) who stayed overnight, he's 11 weeks old, so lots of carrying him, squatting, bending and walking. So during these two days I didn't do physio (simply as he was enough of a workout!!) And I managed it, I coped!! So with a victory we decided to drive to visit family (they have stairs, so this always always activates the hip) Weirdly I was sore, but not for long as the day after which was the 22nd July I managed to do DOUBLE the amount of physio, as I had before. Doing new exercises to push myself, even introducing Boxing done on the wiifit board.


Really honestly starting to feel better, doing more than I was last week and taking less painkillers now, back to normal amounts. Yes, I see get Lower Back Pain, Knee Pain but the actual Groin Hip Pain, could it actually of gone?? Well on the 23rd July we decided last minute to book #London for my 40th Birthday Celebrations, so if anything is going to be testing the hip and pain thresholds, it will be this trip!! Excited, is not the word. Just think of the #shops #carnabystreet #coventgarden #accessallasos #asosinsider #victoriassecret #mac #irregularchoice #harrods

No comments: