Tuesday 15 September 2009

All Better Now

I'm finally better, the pain has gone but i still have many tablets to take. So i will still take them and i'm not going to push my luck, by eating lots of spicy food either. I haven't started to exercise like before, as every time i try it wrecks me for hours, so too does walking for around 30 mins. I'm shocked with how fast the hip has deteriorated, and the simple things i could do only 2 months ago are huge problems now. At least this pushes me forward towards my surgery not matter how frightened i am. I'm worried about the pain afterwards, but my friends (off injuryupdate thank you) has assured me the pre op pain is worse, so i'm banking on that as this is pretty awful, all day everyday.
I think i'm a lot happier now i've stopped fighting my own body, and started to except that i can't do things and stop pushing myself that only makes me suffer for days later!! I'm going with the flow, but i must admit i'm counting down the days to op day. I haven't got a date yet, but i'm hoping Santa will do this for Christmas for me, or if i'm really lucky i could get in sooner?!

1 comment:

German Shepard aka Kris said...

No matter what your surgery is like, the pain won't equal what you endure now. Acceptance of your situation will help you as you approach whatever your surgery date will be.