Monday 2 November 2009

Only 9 days left...........

WEll it's really coming down now to the wire! Unfortunately a friends PAO surgery was cancelled this week, as she was due first on 31st Oct with me to follow, then Sam to follow me. So my heart goes out to Janet, as my nerves are bad and i can totally understand how awful it is when your all geared up then let down at the last minute! So Janet my thoughts are with you, and i really hope you keep busy until your new date.

Now i'm first i'm a little nervous, as i was hoping Janet could tell me what to expect, experiences etc... But no it's me now, well hopefully i'll do them proud instead.

Hips have been playing up, but i find that i'm able to cope better now as it's only so and so days to go, so i think while just hang on and it will all be over soon. (fingers crossed that is, i'm scared i wont be able to handle the recovery pain, surgery pain too? How would you know? without trying it?) I am a wuss and proud.

Had some AMAZING days with the family so that was great to fit them in, i was jumping the fire at Samhain (Halloween) and even though it hurts, i needed to jump it to ensure success for the future, and we all wrote wishes on leaves to burn on our Samhain fire, all under the most beautiful full moon too, It was a very magickal night, so this has made me more confident for sure.
Then i went to a theme park (Drayton Manor in the Midlands), the rides i went on weren't the very big ones, as my kids aren't that brave, but also because of the hip factor too, nonetheless i had a super duper time and i must of walked miles. I did take my walking stick though to help me through. My mantra was 'Well walk while you can, as in 10 days you won't be able to walk for nearly 2 months!' and this spurred me on through the pain. (And today i've chilled all day as the reward.) The firework display at the theme park were out of this world, i've never seen so many let off at once and the colours were stunning, they even did a 20ft screen out of water for a laser display!! My jaw was on the floor, all the pain and waiting in the cold was so worth this moment, I thank my wonderful Husband Richard, and my gorgeous girls (Jema, Samantha, Robyn, Olivia) For giving me the most memorable day of my life. I feel so spoilt x0x0x0x0x0x0x0x0x0

No comments: