Tuesday 5 June 2012

Hippie Woes

After a recent appointment with O'Hara and new X-Ray I'm still on 1 crutch for another 3 months, as although it was grown and is healing it's not fully there as of yet. He explained that while the plate is there the muscle is no longer attached to the bone as it normally is, this is why you can't leave the metalwork in. As with this foreign body inbetween the bone and muscle the tissue,tendons and nerves around it will never feel ok, and will upset the knee (as it is massively) due to the twist and tension the muscles are put under. Goodness I culd have O'Hara explain this to Atos, would make life alot easier! I walked away feeling so much better and with a feeling of understanding for once. No longer did I feel frustrated with the pains and aches and the knee.

I have a massive glimp/limp without my stick, and although it's very very tempting to walk without a stick or crutch I will cause myself to have this glimp/limp forever so it's best now to do my official exercises. The ones O'Hara gave me, using a chair with bad leg nearest chair and good leg a bit in front, slowly rising and squatting (as if to sit down on chair) this puts all your weight on our bad leg, and strengthens the knee, muscles and hip this alone can stop the limping. Thankfully my Hydro therapist recommended the same exercise, so I have full confidence in her and that she knows what direct I should be moving in.

Lbs definitely need losing as I'm now 2stone heavier than when I started this surgery hippie journey which can't be good for the old joints, I feel like it must be mainly my inactivity as I only roughly eat 1500 cals on a basic day anyway, I use MyFitnessPal as it helps calculate the cals easily with most supermarket food listed in there already, and you can easily add your activity too, no matter how small. I'm MysticMoon on there should anyone want to add me as a friend on there. Any tips of advice on how to increase activity and monitor food better gratefully received.

No comments: