Friday 15 June 2012

Hydrotherapy and Physio

Things are going well in the Hydrotherapy pool, although admittedly I never learn my lessons and overdo it every time and curse like hell the day later or even a few hours later!! This time it was almost as soon as I got out of the pool, I had been doing a step with bad leg going first, and not holding on for stability which was seemingly easy ish inside the pool, But boy did it kick my ass out of the pool. Took me from Monday afternoon til Wednesday Morning to feel like I could move without crying, Only for a land physio session to ass kick me that day too, So now it's Friday and I'm suffering to hell. But it is a progress hurt at least.

The Hypermobility Physio has signed me off as my crutches are causing the problem with my shoulders, and until I stop using them (can't for another 3months) the pain and instability will keep occurring and never go away. So instead I've been given tools (Red then Green Theraband) to use daily in a sequence of exercises built to build the stability of the muscles around the joint, to hold the joint in the socket. So far they are working a treat and I'm getting stronger with less pain too, hence the promotion from Red band to harder Green band.

So now I am equal on legs and shoulders, Both on a Green Band which I've never had before and didn't know existed either. They are hard and it's working the muscles out proper. Even though 10 mins on the WiiFit doing Yoga equally killed me off too, not even doing ridiculous things, just Half Moon and Warrior Pose and Sun Salutation but it felt good at the time, just suffered afterwards, mainly in the knee area and quads too.

So it's all just physio and working out as much as possible for me, in the run up to Sept (when I hope to snatch a holiday before the next surgery in Dec time) Hope your all healing well and making the most of your mobility, as trust me once it's gone.... it's damn hard to get it back!

No comments: